Celine Dion is a singer and songwriter from Canada. Her claim to fame came in 1982 when she performed at the Yamaha World Popular Song Festival. Influenced by various genres such as Rock, Soul, and even Classical, Dion is notable for her recordings in French and English, but has dipped into various languages such as Italian and Japanese, making her a world-class superstar. Dion is not only one of the greatest voices the world has heard, she is the best-selling female artist of all time. So, what are her best songs?
1. "My Heart Will Go On" -- Recorded in late May of 1997 and released in early December of that year, this is definitely the song that turned Dion into an iconic pop star. Written by James Horner and Will Jennings, this power pop ballad has sold over 40 million copies to date, making it one of the best-selling songs ever.
2. "I Surrender" -- Recorded between 2001 and 2002 and released in March of 2002, this symphonic smash love song proves how talented Dion is on a vocal level. Written by Louis Biancaniello and Sam Watters, this is not only one of Dion's most underrated tunes, it is also one of her best.
3. "The Prayer" -- Recorded in 1998 and released in 1999, this classical crossover classic managed to grab the Golden Globe for it's appearance in the animated film "Quest for Camelot." Written by David Foster, Carole Bayer Sager, Alberto Testa, and Tony Renis; this heartwarming duet is not only one of the best songs by Dion, but one of the greatest duets ever in music.
4. "Because You Loved Me" -- Released in February of 1996, this pop ballad achieved great success and was featured in the hit movie "Up Close & Personal." Having sold over 3 million copies worldwide, this song garnered a Platinum certification in the US alone. Written by Diane Warren, this is one of the best songs from Celine Dion.
5. "The Power of Love" -- Recorded in 1993 and released that same year, this pop pleaser remains to be one of Dion's most successful songs. Written by Gunther Mende, Candy DeRouge, Jennifer Rush, and Mary Susan Applegate; this worldwide hit sold about 2 million copies.
6. "Have You Ever Been In Love" -- Released in April of 2003, this beautiful pop tune starts out soft and then gets powerful in the middle of the song. The delivery of this song remains to be one of Dion's strongest vocal examples yet. This song was written by Anders Bagge, Peer Astrom, Thomas Nichols, Daryl Hall, and Laila Bagge.
7. "To Love You More" -- Recorded in 1993 and released in October of 1995, this classical crossover pop hit depicts a woman who calls out the man she loves by begging him not to leave her for another woman. Written by David Foster and Junior Miles, this song sold over a million copies in Japan alone.
8. "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" -- Released in July of 1996, this Soft Rock smash is not only one of Dion's best songs, but one of the greatest love songs the world has heard. Written by Jim Steinman, although this is originally a Meatloaf tune, Dion made it her own the first moment she opened her mouth.
9. "Tell Him" -- Recorded and released in 1997, this duet with Barbra Streisand was one of the most critically acclaimed duets in the history of music. Dion was the first to perform this song originally at the Academy Awards. Written by David Foster and Walter Afanasieff, this is not only one of the greatest Celine Dion songs, it is one of the greatest Barbra Streisand songs; making it a duet to remember forever.
10. "I'm Your Angel" -- Released in early August of 1998, this collaboration with R.Kelly combines the essence of R&B, Soul, Gospel, and even Christian genres. Written by R.Kelly, this is such a beautiful song by both Dion and Kelly.