Ten songs have been nominated once again for the annual Latin Grammy Awards Record of the Year category. The songs selected represent different facets of music and excellence in the Latin music industry: salsa, hip hop, urban, pop and bachata. The winner of the category award is given to the performers, producers, audio engineers and mastering engineer for new songs in Spanish or in Portuguese.
The Latin Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences was formed in 1997 with its first Latin Grammy Awards held in 2000 at the Staples Center. Since then, Alejandro Sanz was the Record of the Year category's first winner and the singer with most wins so far (4), Colombian artist Juanes and Puerto Rican band Calle 13 have won twice, followed by Santana, Shakira, Juan Luis Guerra, Camila, Jesse & Joy and Marc Anthony with one win each.
The nominations for the 2014 Record of the Year award are:
- "Dónde Está El Amor" Pablo Alborán Featuring Jesse & Joy
- "Cambio De Piel" Marc Anthony
- "Respira El Momento" Calle 13
- "Decidiste Dejarme" Camila
- "Universos Paralelos" Jorge Drexler Featuring Ana Tijoux
- "Llegaste Tú" Luis Fonsi Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- "Bailando" Enrique Iglesias Featuring Descemer Bueno & Gente De Zona
- "Darte Un Beso" Prince Royce
- "Cuando Nos Volvamos A Encontrar" Carlos Vives Featuring Marc Anthony
- "El Mar De Sus Ojos" Carlos Vives Featuring ChocQuibTown
The Latin Grammy Awards have been recognizing music excellence for the past 14 years. This year celebrating its 15th anniversary, the Latin Grammy Awards will be broadcasted live on Univision Network (www.univision.com) starting at 8 p.m. ET/PT (7 p.m. Central) from MGM Grand Garden Area in Las Vegas on Thursday, Nov. 20. If you live nearby, there are a limited number of tickets for purchase through Ticketmaster.
Listen and watch videos of each song and predict which song will be this year's winner below!