Nick Groff told "Ghost Adventures" fans that he is leaving the popular Travel Channel series. Groff's new show "Ghost Stalkers" debuted on Destination America last month.
Nick Groff was a member of the Ghost Adventures Crew and executive producer of the "Ghost Adventures" series for ten seasons. "Ghost Adventures" began as an independent documentary film that first aired on the Syfy Channel on July 27, 2007. The series followed paranormal investigators Zak Bagans, Nick Groff, and Aaron Goodwin as they explored alleged haunted locations.
"Thank you everyone for your support through the years! I’m writing to say that I will no longer be a part of Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel. I am honored to have helped build an amazing paranormal phenomena that has touched people's lives all around the world. I am continuing to research and investigate all things paranormal as I start the journey through the next stage of my Life. Much respect and love to all my GAC and Ghost Adventures fans. See you all soon," Groff said on his Facebook page last Monday.
Groff didn't specify why he is quitting the show. Some fans believe it is due to his new series on Destination America.
Groff is the executive producer of the new series, "Ghost Stalkers" which kicked off on the Discovery Channel's sister channel during the week-long "Ghostober" celebration last month. The "Ghost Stalkers" series' premiered on October 19 and will air 6 one-hour episodes for its first season.
"I'm very excited to announce my new show GHOST STALKERS airing October 19th," Groff said on Twitter.
"Ghost Stalkers" stars paranormal author John E.L. Tenney and actor Chad Lindberg. The series follow them as they investigate claims of paranormal activity throughout the country.
Zak Bagans recently halted the production of a documentary film that will feature an alleged haunted house that he purchased earlier this year. According to a post on his Twitter page, Bagans said the house became unsafe for his crew and he had to call a priest to come exorcise the house. There is no word on whether Groff is attached to this project.
"One of my production crew quit on the spot when we heard what the girl was doing when she was possessed. It was then I made the decision that the home was unsafe and called the priest to exorcise the house. The exorcism was unsuccessful, and things continued. For the safety of crew we halted production, and it’s been months since then. We plan to resume in December," Bagans told TMZ.
Bagans purchased the house on January 29 and paid only $35,000 for the home. He started production for "The Demon House" back in April but had to temporarily shut down production in the summer due to unsafe conditions. Production will resume in December.