Rocklahoma will be here before you know it. Soon it will be time to start getting your concert necessities for the three day festival in order. Here is a list of five "must have" items that you will need to bring with you to fully enjoy this much anticipated event.
1) The number one thing that you absolutely must have is sunscreen. You will be in the sun for up to ten hours a day, and the sun can be relentless.
2) In case the weather turns bad, a disposable hooded rain poncho can save the day. These are very inexpensive, as well as compact and lightweight, and can make a huge difference if a situation with the atmosphere arises. A light jacket might be appreciated as well.
3) Something that you simply cannot do without at Rocklahoma is your cell phone. Besides using your phone to keep in touch with your friends at the festival, you will have lots of photo ops including Picture Alley that allows anyone in attendance to stand in line and approach the stage during any performance and take photographs of the band.
4) The music can be extremely loud, especially if you want to get up close to the stage, so it would be wise to bring some sort of ear/hearing protection. Reasonably priced options that you might want to check out are Hearos 211 High Fidelity Ear Plugs or DownBeats Reusable High Fidelity Hearing Protection, both designed specifically for use at concerts. Priced from $10 - $15, they are available at most music stores or you can find them online. But, there are more inexpensive multi-purpose ear plugs available for less than $1 a pair if you shop around.
5) Last, but not least, of the five things that you need to bring to Rocklahoma is insect repellent. You do not want to spend the entire weekend scratching mosquito bites. There are alternatives to aerosol insect repellents. For example, you might want to try a product such as Mosquito Bug Insect Repellent Leather Bracelets. These bracelets are convenient, inexpensive, there is nothing messy, smelly or sticky involved, and can be found online. And, the look is perfect for Rocklahoma.
If you don't want to carry these items around with you while at the festival, there are rental lockers on site. Lockers with combination locks can be rented by the day for $15, or $35 for the entire weekend. With your locker rental, an available option is a mobile charging pack, with cords, that you can use to charge any of your devices throughout your rental period. There is no extra charge for this, only a $20 totally refundable deposit.
If you bring all of the items on this "must have" list, you should be all set for a worry-free concert experience. So now you can concentrate on having a good time!