The Brighton Bazaar is incredibly proud to present the first ever Retromania! This large special event is separate from our regular season of smaller monthly Bazaars, and specially curated for the vintage theme. Retromania will be our 24th market event since we started in 2021.
Retromania is a full weekend-long Retrospective Expo inside Roadrunner, a newly built 50,000 square foot music venue, in the Boston Landing neighborhood of Brighton!
Featuring over 100 vendors, Retromania will showcase some of the best vintage styles, collectible classics, and nostalgic goods New England has to offer! You can expect to find a unique group of small businesses you wouldn't normally see all together: a giant one-stop shop. Tens of thousands of unique items, all in one place, for one weekend only!
WHAT’S FOR SALE?
True Vintage: art, books, clothing, comics, collectibles, electronics, ephemera, furniture, housewares, jewelry, etc. all strictly 20 years old or older.
Vintage Media: Vintage and reissued vinyl, tapes, video games etc.
Including several larger dealers from the convention circuit that we’ve never hosted before, with thousands of records from different eras!
Vintage-Inspired items: art, crafts, and other artisanal goods that were made more recently, but are clearly inspired by vintage styles or incorporate vintage elements.
When you're ready to take a break from shopping, the second-floor mezzanine level will have a large seating area, where you can purchase a meal or snack from your choice of several small local eateries (TBA). We’ll have 5-10 options each day for brunch/lunch/dinner, Check the "Get Food" option below for more information about all the other great restaurants around the neighborhood. Your shopping trip to Retromania can be a complete day (or night) out!
As always, we’re open to all ages. But for the more “truly vintage”
among us, venue bars will be open for the duration (wristbands w/ ID).
This is a sip n shop event, so you can carry a drink with you around the whole venue! Expect a great selection of draft and canned beer, as well as standard mixed drinks and maybe even a cocktail special. For a more intimate experience, check out the takeover of the normally exclusive VIP lounge by a local mixologist!
- A ticket guarantees entry upon arrival, so no waiting in line outside in the cold!
- The full event runs from 11am-8pm on Saturday 2/18 and Sunday 2/19.
You can buy a ticket for a 4 hour shopping trip in the afternoon Early Session (11am-3pm) or evening Late Session (4-8pm) on either day! For any diehards out there, we may release a small batch of all-day tickets, so stay tuned for that. All tickets are good for entry at a specific time: early entry is not permitted, but late arrival is fine!
- Prices will go up to $15+fees on the day of the show, and spots are limited for each shopping session, so don’t wait to secure your spot!
- Fee-free tickets are also available in person at the Roadrunner and Sinclair box offices during shows (after doors open). The Sinclair box office is also open on Fridays from 12pm - 6pm.
PAYMENT WHILE SHOPPING:
-Most vendors will accept credit/debit cards.
- Unfortunately, there are no ATMs on site for cash, but some vendors do take cash and may have their own change.
- Roadrunner has recently installed public Wi-Fi, so paying with digital services like Venmo should work fine now, and many vendors do accept those.
-We do not recommend relying on Apple Pay.
-Having a variety of payment methods ready is always best!
Please be kind and considerate to our vendors, who pour their time and energy into their small businesses:
- Be mindful when bringing food, drinks, or children near merchandise.
- Many vendors may be ok with you trying on clothing gently if you ask for permission, and some will even let you take it to the bathrooms to do so!
- Handle all items carefully: the older it is, the more likely it is to be fragile. If you accidentally damage something, please let the vendor know.
- Roadrunner is surrounded by parking garages, with rates that range from $10-20 for the day.
- The Allston St and Harvard Ave stops of the Green Line's B branch are a 15-minute walk away.
- The event is also easily accessible from multiple bus lines and a nearby commuter rail stop. You can read more about that in the "Get Parking" section below.
Pets will not be allowed at this event.
Our groovy posters were made by the one and only Marianne Radnitsky, you can purchase more of her work at Retromania.
Children under 2 years old do not need a ticket for entry. Parents, please be aware that this event will have a DJ playing classics (rock, soul, etc.) throughout the day. We will generally keep the volume at a reasonable level so vendors can talk to customers, but this is still something to consider when bringing your child.