The Governors Ball is being held at Randall's Island in New York City on June 3-5, 2016. The music festival features artists including Kanye West, The Strokes, Beck, The Killers, Robyn and more. There is also a great assortment of food offered at the GovBallNYC.
Unlike most other festivals, Governors Ball proudly presents a diverse variety of New York's best sweet and savory dishes, including seafood, burgers, pizza, sandwiches, and desserts. The Infatuation has curated the food offerings, which includes food from 53 trendy restaurants
There is a menu for every taste and it may to impossible to pick the best choice for another person, since taste is individual. There are also a number of restaurants that offer vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dishes. Following are some of the most popular eateries at the Governor's Ball.
- Arancini Bros. has taken rice balls, a authentic Sicilian street food that dates back to the 10th century, and made them into one of the trendiest foods in NYC. Balls of Arborio rice are filled with fillings ranging from savory to sweet and deep fried and served hot.
- Beecher's Handmade Cheese NY is serving up their popular Mac and Cheese, made with real artisan cheese.
- Black Tap is known for their craft burgers and milkshakes.
- By Chloe serves vegan food that shows that healthy vegan food doesn't have to be boring. They serve burgers, pastas, fries and juices.
- Café Havana serves Cuban food and is known for their Cuban sandwich (pork, ham, and Swiss cheese with chipotle mayo, served on a hero bun) and grilled corn.
- Harry & Ida's Meat Supply Co. serves pastrami, including pastrami nachos and in more traditional pastrami sandwiches.
- Luke's Lobster serves lobster, crab and shrimp rolls with sustainably sourced seafood fresh from Maine.
- Mario by Mary is a collaboration between Chef Mario Batali and Mary Guilani. They are serving Mario Batali's grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Seamore's is a seafood restaurant based in SOHO. The tasty fish is served in the raw or in fish tacos.
- Streetbird Rotisserie is a restaurant in Harlem that specializes in rotisserie chicken, serving it in a platter or sandwich.
A few of the vendors are in the VIP Only section. The VIP eateries include Landhaus Farm to Sandwich, Mac 'n Cheese on a Truck, Souvlaki GR, and Melt Shop.
The majority of the food vendors are in the general admission area. Food vendors include: Arancini Bros., Asia Dog, Beecher's Homemade Cheese, Black Tap, Bluestone Line Coffee, Burger Joint, Burger Warrior, By Chloe, Café Havana, Coolhaus Gourmet Desserts, Coco & Co., Dan & John's Wings, Davey's Ice Cream, Flaming Wok, Four Boys Concessions, Friterie Belgian Fries, Juice Press, Harry & Ida's Meat Supply Co., Hebros Kitchen, Hippie Dips, Jack's Sliders & Sushi, Jalapeno Corndog Concessions, Jeepney Filipino Gastropub, King of Pops, Korilla, Matchabar, Mario by Mary, Mighty Quinn's Slow Smoked Barbecue, Milk Bar, Papaya King, Phil's Steak, Pizzanova, Ponti Rossi Authentic Italian Food, Ramen Burger, Seamore's Restaurant NYC, Snowdays Shavery, Spaghetti Incident Pasta, Streetbird Rotisserie, Southernmost Falafel, Sweet Chili, Tacombi, Taqueria Diana, Taquitoria, The Nugget Spot, Valducci's Original Pizza, Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream, Try Vegan, Wafels & Dinges Good Things Belgian, Uma Temakeria, and Wowfulls,
The selection of mouth-watering food at GovBallNYC is astounding. Enjoy the delicious meals, snack, and desserts to keep energy up while listening to the music.