The Governors Ball music festival is being held at Randall's Island in New York City this weekend, June 3-5, 2016. The festival brings thousands of music fans out to enjoy a variety of music on multiple stages. When attending a festival of this magnitude, it is important to bring just the items that you need and travel light.
Headliners and popular acts at this year's three day festival include Kanye West, The Strokes, Beck, The Killers, Haim, Robyn, Courtney Barnett, Haim, Eagles of Death Metal, Chvrches, Miguel, Jamie WW, Mike Snow, Bully, M83 and Gary Clark Jr..
Pack the necessities for the day in a small purse, backpack or drawstring bag. Keep is small and lightweight as you will be carrying it for several hours.
- Bring sun protection gear, including sun screen/sun block, sunglasses, and a sunhat or a hat with a visor. It is important to protect skin from sunburn and sun damage, so apply sun screen before leaving home and bring a small plastic container of sunscreen so you can reapply it throughout the day.
- Bring containers of water in plastic bottles which are factory sealed. Better yet, bring a refillable water bottle since there will be water stations available.
- Bring a small camera or cell phone with camera to take pictures of the festival. Make sure the device is fully charged and bring a charger along to the festival so you don't run out of battery.
- Bring a beach towel or blanket to sit on while listening to the music. Some people bring a big garbage bag, which can also be used as an impromptu rain slicker.
- Bring a valid I.D. to pick up tickets from Will-Call. In addition, bring cash to purchase food and beverages and any incidentals. There are ATMs on the premises, so bring a debit card in case you need to make a withdrawal for expenses.
In addition, bring along a sunny attitude and be ready to have fun at the festival.