On Monday, Billboard made piano-pop fans a little happier when they announced that, fresh off a Grammy nomination for "Album of the Year," singer Sara Bareilles will embark on a 24-date summer tour. Beginning July 10 at the Chicago Theater in (you guessed it) Chicago, the piano-playing rock star will travel across the country as part of her "Little Black Dress" tour.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Sara Bareilles' brand of pop, check out a few of her previous hits. They're the kind of upbeat, piano-driven tunes that get irrevocably stuck in your head in the best way possible. While she's known for more traditional piano-pop songs like "Love Song," she's not afraid to mix in a dance-y beat as in "Brave."
While she's firmly in favor of having a good, bouncy time, Bareilles isn't afraid to put her smoky alto to full effect and knock out a soulful ballad or two, as in her hit "Gravity." This last song is undeniably powerful. At least that's what the showrunners of NBC's "Community" thought when they used the song to poke fun at the slow motion shots of lingering glances, a trope common in sitcoms.
On Tuesday, Bareilles tweeted excitedly about the tour, providing a link to where her fans could purchase tickets and a password that would allow them to get early access (it's "BLACKDRESS"). Tickets for the "Little Black Dress" summer tour will be available for pre-sale on Tuesday and open to the general public on Friday.
Complete Tour List:
- July 10: Chicago, IL, Chicago Theater
- July 11: Cleveland, OH, Jacob’s Pavilion
- July 12: Charlottesville, VA, nTelos Wireless Pavilion
- July 14: Vienna, VA, Wolf Trap
- July 15: Boston, MA, Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
- July 16: Philadelphia, PA, Mann Music Center
- July 19: New York, NY, Theater at MSG
- July 20: Lewiston, NY, Artpark
- July 22: Raleigh, NC, Red Hat
- July 23: Atlanta, GA, Chastain Park Amphitheater
- July 25: Hollywood, Florida, Seminole Hard Rock Casino
- July 26: St. Augustine, FL, St. Augustine Amphitheater
- July 28: Charlotte, NC, Time Warner Amphitheater
- July 29: Cincinnati, OH, PNC Pavilion
- July 30: Nashville, TN, Woods at Fontanell
- Aug. 1: Lincoln, NE, Pinewood Bowl
- Aug. 2: Littleton, CO, Denver Botanical Gardens - Chatfield
- Aug. 3: Salt Lake City, UT, Salt Air
- Aug. 5: Seattle, WA, Marymoor Park
- Aug. 6: Portland, OR, Edgefield
- Aug. 8: Reno, NV, Silver Legacy Casino
- Aug. 9: San Diego, CA, OAT
- Aug. 11: Los Angeles, CA, Greek Theater
- Aug. 14: Berkeley, CA, Greek Theater