Seven-time Grammy award-winner Randy Travis is looking for a new musical start, with the forthcoming release of Influence Vol. 2: The Man I Am. Due out Aug. 19, the 13-track project is now up for pre-order and includes an instant download of "Don't Worry 'Bout Me." In the coming weeks, two more songs will become available for a special time only, "Only Daddy That'll Walk The Line" (July 29) and "That's The Way Love Goes" (Aug. 5).
This follows on the heels of his previous 2013 collection, an equally influential set that demonstrates his storytelling skills through honoring the songs and artists that have impacted his own journey. “We had such a great time putting together Influence Vol. 1, but there were still so many musical heroes of yesteryear that I learned from and wanted to honor," Travis shares in a statement on Wednesday, July 23.
"We had no choice but to release a second volume," he continues of the disc. "The 'Influence' that the older, great ones had on me, and the “Influence” that I may, somehow, have on the ones that come along after me, is God’s way of allowing us to pay it forward. It is my prayer answered — and, His will done — it is what makes me, 'the man I am.'"
Despite his troubled life in recent years, Travis' legacy is marvelous to behold. His 1986 debut Storms In Life, which has sold four million copies, set in motion what became the neo-traditionalist era of country music. Of course, that was only the beginning. In a nearly 30-year career, the singer-songwriter has amassed more than 20 million in sales and 18 No. 1 hit singles. As a result, he's been handed seven Grammy Awards, 10 Academy of Country Music statuettes, 10 American Music Awards, two People’s Choice awards, seven Music City News awards, eight Dove Awards from the Gospel Music Association, and five Country Music Association honors.
The album track list is as follows:
1. I’m Moving On (Hank Snow)
2. Set ‘Em Up Joe (Vern Gosdin)
3. Are The Good Times Really Over? (Merle Haggard)
4. Nearly Lose Your Mind (Ernest Tubb)
5. There I’ve Said It Again (Vaughn Monroe)
6. That’s The Way Love Goes (Johnny Rodriguez; later Haggard)
7. Sunday Morning Coming Down (Johnny Cash)
8. Don’t Worry ‘Bout Me (Marty Robbins)
9. Mind Your Own Business (Hank Williams Sr.)
10. Only Daddy (Waylon Jennings)
11. For The Good Times (Kris Kristofferson)
12. California Blues (Jimmie Rodgers)
13. Tonight I’m Playing Possum (Solo Version)
For more info, head over to Travis' official website.